“Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body.” Hebrews 13:3
Prison Fellowship South Africa (PFSA) is a faith-based interdenominational prison ministry that has been operating in the countrys prisons since 1994. PFSA is registered as a Section 21 company and has a Board of Directors that is representative of all racial and gender groups of South Africa, and consists of people with diverse backgrounds and skills to meet the needs and challenges in prison and the community. Several prison ministries and many volunteers are affiliated to PFSA. The volunteers are working in many prisons around the country under the leadership of Provincial Coordinators. PFSA empowers volunteers and equips them through training and needs-based programmes for their work in prison and the community
Our Core Values
- Humanity (Ubuntu)
Our Vision and Mission
- Prison Fellowship South Africa has a vision of being a reconciling community of restoration for all, thereby rehabilitating those who have offended society and assisting in their reintegration back into the community through the proclamation and demonstration of Ubuntu and the love of God.
- To render needs-based services to those who have offended society, and to victims, families and the community.
- The presentation of needs-based rehabilitation programmes in prison
- The promotion of restorative justice principles
- The presentation of HIV/AIDS awareness / prevention programmes based on moral norms and values.
- Preventing re-offending by assisting offenders to reintegrate back into the community and after-care services
- The Board of Directors acknowledges God as the initiator, leader, teacher, and owner of the ministry, and seeks to glorify only Him and be obedient to His Word no matter what.
- Obedience is key and without obedience we won’t be able to help the prisoners to become a follower of Jesus instead of a fan of Jesus
- Our Team is committed to help restore broken hearts and relationships seeking only what the Word of God reveals through the guidance of the Holy Spirit
- Jesus is the rock and in Him alone we trust he is the chairman of our leadership team and we do nothing without guidance of the Holy Spirit